Why Join PASR?
PASR is an Association for ALL Pennsylvania school employees. Our membership is comprised of teachers, administrators, counselors, nurses, secretaries, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, maintenance staff — in short, anyone who is now receiving a pension from the Public School Employees Retirement System.
An Active Member is:
- Any person retired under the Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System.
- Any former school employee retired under Public School Retirement systems from other states.
- Any person retired from other Pennsylvania state-related educational institutions.
An Associate Member is:
- Any person who is interested in the work of PASR.
- Any active school employee who is age 50 or more.
- Any former teacher who is not an annuitant of a school employees’ retirement system.
- Any former school employee who has retired from a non-public school.
- Any spouse of an active member of PASR.
- An associate member shall not be eligible to vote or hold office.