Why Join PASR?
PASR is an association for ALL Pennsylvania school employees. Our membership is comprised of teachers, administrators, counselors, nurses, secretaries, aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, maintenance staff — in short, anyone who is now receiving a pension from the Public School Employees Retirement System. An Active Member is:
- Any person retired under the Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System
- Any former school employee retired under Public School Retirement systems from other states
- Any person retired from other Pennsylvania state-related educational institutions.
However, not just public school retirees are members of PASR. Anyone can join PASR as an associate member. (Associate members cannot vote in association elections or at association meetings or hold office.) An Associate Member is:
- Any person who is interested in the work of PASR
- Any active school employee who is age 50 or more
- Any former teacher who is not an annuitant of a school employees’ retirement system
- Any former school employee who has retired from a non-public school
- Any spouse of an active member of PASR.